Personal Injury FAQs

personal injury faq - personal injury lawyersIf you’ve been injured due to someone else’s negligence, you might be wondering what your next steps are. This FAQ page is designed to provide you with clear and concise information about personal injury law, the claims process, and your potential rights to compensation. Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, a slip and fall, or another incident, take a moment to browse these frequently asked questions to get started.

What is negligence?

Negligence is the breach of a duty owed to another person. It is the failure to use reasonable care, which results in injury or damage to a person.

What if the insurance company has offered to settle. Should I take it?

You should talk to an attorney because insurance companies will usually try to low-ball you.

Do I have to sue?

You do not have to sue, it will always be your decision. Please contact HM to discuss your options.

  • We are available 24 hours a day.
  • We offer free case evaluations.
  • We will visit you at home or in the hospital.

Call us toll free at 1800LAW1010 (1-800-529-1010).

How does HM charge for cases?

HM operates on a contingent fee basis. That means you do not have to pay for representation upfront. Our fee will come out of any settlement at the end of your case. We only get paid if we are successful in achieving a recovery for your case.

How much money could I get from my claim?

Every case is different. Many variables will affect the value of your case. Please contact HM for a free case analysis.

Do I need a lawyer?

Yes, it is our opinion that a represented party will benefit from representation, as licensed attorneys are familiar with the Judicial System and insurance companies. It is worth contacting a personal injury attorney as they get paid on a contingent basis. In other words, you do not have to pay for an attorney in NY State for injuries you sustained in a car accident up front. We only get paid at the end from the settlement if we are successful on your behalf.

How long does a lawsuit take?

Every case is different. Depending on many variables will affect the time period of your case. Please contact HM for a free case analysis.

What should I bring with me for my first meeting with a lawyer?

You should bring all medical documents that you have in relation to your injuries, names and contact info of any witnesses to the accident, any police/incident reports, any insurance information, any documents from either party’s insurance company, and any receipts for medical equipment.

How long will it take to resolve my personal injury case?

Each case takes a different amount of time depending on the different factors of each case.

An insurance company wants to take a recorded statement. Should I let them?

If an insurance company asks to take a recorded statement it may be for the legal defense they are building against a lawsuit. You should avoid providing a recorded statement. Please contact HM for more information.

My personal injury case was dropped by another law firm. Can you help me?

We would be glad to review your case and advise if we are able to help you.

Should I keep records for all my injury expenses or just medical bills?

You should keep any record or receipts related to your injury-related expenses.

Get Help From Dedicated Personal Injury Attorneys

If you would like to discuss your potential case, the law firm of Harding Mazzotti, LLP:

  • Is available 24 hours a day.

  • Offers free case evaluations.

  • Will visit you at home or in the hospital.

Call us toll free at 1800LAW1010 (1-844-461-1454) or contact us anytime.